Scratching Release Information
What's posted when?
RISA lodges Scratchings for all States & Territories (excluding WA)
On the Day of the Race Meeting (excluding Trials & WA Meetings)
7.30am* (Local Time of race meeting) : THE OFFICIAL SCRATCHING CLOSING TIME & INTERIM RELEASE OF SCRATCHINGS
- Interim Scratchings are published on the Scratchings Update section of the RISA website. As these are interim Scratchings only, they are not finalised.
* Whilst the majority of meetings are scheduled to officially close at 7:30am (Local time), some Scratching closing times may vary as they are established by each State and Territories Principal Racing Authority and are subject to change at their discretion.
7.45am Daily (Local time of race meeting) : SCRATCHINGS FINALISED
7.45am - 8.00am Daily (Local time of race meeting) : FINAL SCRATCHINGS PUBLISHED
Prior to Day of Race Meeting
Scratchings are available after Acceptances have been released and are updated on the RISA Website at the following locations:
- Acceptances - Within the Acceptances Fields
- Acceptances - Within the Form
The update occurs every 15 minutes between the following times:
- Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm (AEST)
- Saturday - Sunday 8.30am - 10.00am (AEST)
RISA Service Centre - Procedures
Update of Scratchings lodged overnight & between 5.00pm - 7.00am (next day)
- Currently all Scratchings lodged by Trainers online are placed in a pending stage and require the review and approval of the RISA Service Centre prior to being finalised.
- The RISA Service Centre will review and approve any Scratchings received by Trainers overnight and process Scratchings received from 6.30am.
Collation of Scratchings up to 7.30am (Interim Release Time)
- The majority of Scratchings are lodged by Trainers between 7.00am and 7.30am (Local time) which is the closing time for Scratchings.
- Dependent on factors such as the weather a significant number of Scratchings can be lodged in this short period of time. RISA will ensure all Trainer calls and transactions are completed before closing a meeting
- Every Scratching lodged is checked as RISA's first priority to ensure the compilations of the Final Scratchings are accurate and complete.
- During this period Trainers with horses listed as emergencies are contacted to advise them they have gained a start based on the Scratchings lodged up to 7.30am (Local time). Where a horse has been eliminated and there is a Scratching, further communication is required with Trainers and Stewards as eliminated horses may be reinstated.
- In the case of Group 1 races, Scratchings have to first be approved by Stewards prior to being finalised.
- At 7.30am Interim Scratchings are released on the Scratching Update section of the RISA website. These are Interim Scratchings only and are not finalised.
Final Scratchings & Publishing Time
- Post 7.30am extra time is taken to enable final processing including elimination of emergencies and checking of that day's Scratchings.
- During the period 7.30am - 7.45am (Local time) in some states where Late Scratchings are approved by the Stewards, horses listed as emergencies may be contacted to advise them they have gained a start.
- During this period Trainers with horses listed as emergencies are contacted to advise them they have gained a start based on the Scratchings lodged that morning.
- By 7.45am RISA aims to have finalised Scratchings. RISA's first priority is to ensure emergencies are contacted and horses have the maximum opportunity to gain a start. Final Scratchings may be published by no later than 8.00am. This extra time is taken to ensure accuracy, completeness and fairness to Trainers, especially on busy mornings.
If there's a delay beyond 8.00am
While the majority of Final Scratchings are released at 7.45am and a lesser number are released up to 8.00am should a delay beyond 8.00am occur due to a weather impacted morning, operational or technical reasons RISA will provide by no later than 8.00am.
- A notification on the Home Page of the RISA Website with advice as to when Final Scratchings will be available
- Updated information on RISA's Facebook and Twitter profiles both of which can be accessed via the RISA website as to when Final Scratchings will be available
© Racing Information Services Australia Pty Ltd (and other parties working with it)
While care has been taken to compile the details of racing materials information available via this website, RISA accepts no responsibility for errors or omissions in the information provided.
In the event of any defect, errors or omissions RISA's liability shall be limited to providing the information again.