Registrar of Racehorses
Leasing a Racehorse
The following conditions apply to the leasing of racehorses:
- Up to ten individuals or a combination of individuals and registered syndicates may race a horse under Lease
- A Lease Agreement should be obtained from the Principal Racing Authority in the State in which the horse is to race
- The Agreement should be completed by the parties concerned, checked carefully before signing and any alterations or additions must be initialed by all parties
- The Agreement should be lodged with Principal Racing Authority together with the relevant fee. The Principal Racing Authority should be contacted regarding the current fee
- When the Lease is recorded a Lease Endorsement Certificate will be returned to the Manager or a nominated person
- The Trainer should lodge a Stable Return in the names of the Lessees
- A Lease may be taken out for a period of time from one day to an agreed number of years. It is for racing purposes only
Cancellation of a Lease
In order to cancel a current lease, ALL lessees must sign a Cancellation of a Lease Form, specifying the date the Lease is to be cancelled.
Click on the links below to get a lease form or lease cancellation form from your Principal Racing Authority.
© Racing Information Services Australia Pty Ltd (and other parties working with it)
While care has been taken to compile the details of racing materials information available via this website, RISA accepts no responsibility for errors or omissions in the information provided.
In the event of any defect, errors or omissions RISA's liability shall be limited to providing the information again.